This time of year the cold can really, really put a damper on things.
Dinner does NOT have to be one of them!
Make some of my Mom’s DELICIOUS chili recipe and warm yourself up!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can northern beans
- 1 jar salsa (mild)
- 2 green peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 large cans tomato sauce
- 4-6 sticks celery
- chili powder
- 1 package of shredded colby-jack cheese (or any kind that your picky heart desires!)
1. Chop celery, onion, and celery and set aside
2. Brown the ground beef on the stove
3. Once the beef has browned completely add the chopped vegetables
(stir frequently for about 15-20 minutes)
4. After the veggies have softened – add the jar of salsa
5. Cover and cook on low until the vegetables are cooked through to your liking
6. Add the tomato sauce, rinsed beans, and chili powder
Add shredded cheese to your chili and ENJOY!
As always, feel free to edit the recipe any way you’d like! I didn’t edit this one because it’s something I’ve grown up with and I’ve always been obsessed with it!